ASP 099

Post any questions or comments about Web Development here
ump14

Unread post by ump14 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:56 pm

Ok I am running the Snitz forum and I am really trying to do some thing WHILE teaching myself the basics of ASP. I am pretty good with Cold Fushion. and the SQL language seems to be the same. However, I am finding that writing my own stuff in ASP is SUCH a PITA.

I have hacked out a few mods, but I am still learning what all you have to do to do a write....
I just dont get it.

I have also been working on something that would allow the user to click on a picture and have that picture copied into the forum. my problem is that I have code to make the page. I have the page layed out the way that I wanted. BUT I am looking for some code that I can scavenge to do the insertion. Anyone got an idea??
-={ Ump14 }=-

KalCorp

Unread post by KalCorp » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:08 am

I have the Upload mod installed. It places information in the post maybe this has what you are looking for?

Also the default foram has options for change mode when posting. if set to prompt it will paste information into the post. maybe there is code there for you to look at?

I like what you did on the IA forums. How did you get the image in the backgound was it hard?
{VAS}-Kal-Corp Creator Of All things {VAS}

ump14

Unread post by ump14 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:18 pm

Actually what I am looking to do is to have a pop up window that will display a list of "smilies" some are rather lopsidedly large. What I want to do is to allow the user to click a smilie and have it added to the forum.
I know that the Javascript used for the smilies SHOULD work, but
i have had no luck scarfing that code.
-={ Ump14 }=-

KalCorp

Unread post by KalCorp » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ump14</i>
<br />What I want to do is to allow the user to click a smilie and have it added to the forum.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You talking about adding it to the post right? if so then yes that coder is in the normal snitz forum just need to find it!
{VAS}-Kal-Corp Creator Of All things {VAS}

ump14

Unread post by ump14 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:53 pm

THEN I will have to code the popup to do the window in ASP.
Not knowing ASP well trying to do what I have done so far is not as easy as I was hoping....

Shit - time to buy a book!
-={ Ump14 }=-