UO SERVER (KAL important)

General Discussions about Ultima
CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:43 pm

I would love to see our own server running for UO. Since I know Kal runs the VAS. I could run the UO server. I started to work but i really needewd help to get everythign going. I dont know what kind of a shard Kal would want to see, but i was thinking something along the lines of survival or PVP. Let me explain the two. (PS im not a scirptor, so i wouldnt be able to do much of this, only PVP which has scirpts online you can download)

Survival- This one would be a hard one since we would need to make out own map. (Plus scirpting would take very very long) I was thinking we would make skills for the four seasons (This Seasons thing i dont reaslly like, but a friend suggestwed it). Winter, Fall , Summer Spring. I guess summer and spring would be intergrated. They would start off in middle of nowhere, in a map they dont know and they would have to find their way to a town/ tribe. Each member when finds atribe may decide to join. When they join its almost like faction wars. They go looking for new tribes. One you choose a tribe there's no changing. You can get elected to different positions. Chief, Servant , General. Something like that and basically you raise skills and fight. We would also allow soloist, which can be vicitms of teribe wars. Their would only be 4 tribes. 2 towns which are capturable and provide items for tribe. The Tribe base would have a door only allowing members of tribe in. Their they could pan out attacks..... Their will be stashs too. When tribe makes money they can spend it on equipment and addons for their base. They can also install another base. So what do you think?

PVP- This is very simple one. Every starts off with 95 each skill. They just fight. Hehe.

I would love to see survival, it would rock! But its way too much scirpting.

Comp i have:
1.6 Pentium 4
256 Ram (Getting 512)
Cable conn 256k
8 GB harddrive devoted for server(s) i run (None right now)

----------------------------------------------------- The One and Only

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:10 pm

I started to make our map. I was thinking about making a Tolkien Middle Easrth kind of theme. Kal please post your ideas and opinions. Im going to be out till Friday. I'll be back and then will have 9 days to wrok on this

KalCorp

Unread post by KalCorp » Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:56 pm

whats wrong with normal game? its PVP and adventure.

might be better to use the T2A map, its not as big and you can block of the land to the main land. its got everythig
{VAS}-Kal-Corp Creator Of All things {VAS}

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:16 pm

Kal, everyones been there and done that :). The custom map is actually quite easy, if i wanted to I could make it very easily. I think we should do PVP but make a new map, for people to explore. UO's Map is exactly PVP friendly. T2A idea might work but it is way WAY to bumpy. Il be posting my maps pics on here.

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:19 pm

Sorry, Correction
UO's Map isn't exactly pvp friendly

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:50 pm

Hey Kal btw do you know how to install scipts into Sphere. I cant figure out. IM trying to put in different things. LIke Skill Stone....

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:19 am

I read your post Kal talking about opening a server. Saying first 5 people should be able to bulid the world. Well i've done the starting point and trying to work on city but i could sure use help. E-mail me Kal at coldfusion@rogers.com and send me your pass and username you want. The server is up 24/7 now. This goes for anyone who wants to help out making the world/play. E-mail me and il set you up. again first 5 people will bulid the world.

CrazyMage

Unread post by CrazyMage » Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:39 am

Alright, so far ive done the starting point. I brought in new scripts.... I made a main room for everyone including pks. No pking their though. My ideas for future
-Make a mall for players to put vendors in
-Make a NPC mall where rare and expensive stuff will be bought (Custom items) Flying Carpets, Armors, Weapons....

I need your Opinions:
-I have a script for faction wars, i can put it on but their would need to be atleast 50-100 people.

KalCorp

Unread post by KalCorp » Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:18 am

sphere?
{VAS}-Kal-Corp Creator Of All things {VAS}

puppychow

Unread post by puppychow » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:07 am

<font color="blue"></font id="blue">8)hi you can just call me vince i have read your post and i like the war thing and the mall that would be really sweet and i have been planing to make my own shard but i cant find the stuff i need could someone plz tell me where to get it????8)
its got to be the puppy chow